For some reason I woke up on Valentine's Day excited.
So full of hope that I was wide open and almost happy.
I woke up, got the kids ready and off to school, and then I waited.
I put on my beautiful swing music and sang all of the songs I knew. I danced, I drank coffee, I drank tea, and I waited.
For whatever reason I knew you were coming that day.
I cannot explain it any other way than I KNEW without a doubt that you were coming to me that day.
You were going to come with sunflowers, tell me you love me, and we would dance to Billie Holiday..
I did my hair.
My makeup was flawless.
I thought for the first time in months that I looked pretty.
I was so happy.
I baked heart shaped cookies for the kids.
It was the first thing I baked since you left.
They were delicious and pretty- sweet, but not too sweet. Enough to know you were eating a cookie.
While I was baking the doorbell rang and I almost threw up because I was so nervous.
I went to the door and opened it and there was a package as tall as my hip... With Laurels name on it.
Aj had sent her chocolates. She made a special order so they would be delivered on time even while she was in a different state..
But I didn't cry, because I knew you were coming and I just had to wait.
The kids came home,we had dinner they went to bed, mom went out, and I waited.
I cleaned the kitchen.
At 12:56 I begged God that something would happen..
I stood by the door for 4 minutes, then went up and took a shower...
Then I put on Jurassic Park and cried myself to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment