The night after Valentine's Day I started knitting again.
Every night that week I knit. I knit I knit I knit.
I knit so much that my right shoulder started to go numb.
And while I was watching Downton Abbey and knitting, I remembered that I promised him a scarf...
I was making it for Christmas but that didn't happen.
And like Valentine's, I came to this irrational conclusion.
If I finished the scarf, then it would repair some mystical riff between us and he would come back.
So I pulled it out and started knitting.
I knit so long that night that my eyes went blurry and I got a headache. But the closer that I got to finishing, the stupider I felt for thinking that a damn scarf would bring about some Nicholas Sparks novel-esque resolution.
So I finished it... Nothing happened so I added fringe.
He didn't come.
I draped it over my door and nothing happened. It just hung there and reminded me that he hadn't come and he probably wouldn't.
I don't even think that he would wear it if it got to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment