"It wasn't supposed to turn out like this."
That's a phrase that I remember using if maybe I had baked a cake and accidentally left out the sugar. Something upsetting, but not a major issue in the grand scheme of things.
We used to have a functional relationship.
In the past I might have used it for things that were disappointing to me in the moment but I could soon get over, but this little phrase seemed to want a more pivotal role in my vocabulary, so while I wasn't paying attention, " it wasn't supposed to turn out like this" snuck up on me and decided to become the defining statement of my life.
And while I appreciate initiative, it didn't even bother to ask if I was OK with it...
I know that I sound ridiculous blaming the current state of my life on a simple phrase, but that stupid saying barged in and burst my little bubble of happiness and I don't know if I have the strength to change it..

No comments:
Post a Comment